Measured Risk Portfolios is a fee-only, third-party money manager. We believe losses can be more powerful than gains and having an unhedged portfolio is like driving a car without insurance. We also believe that liquidity and transparency must be part of any hedging strategy.
Key Facts About Our Firm:
- RIA firm founded in 2007
- Founders Larry Kriesmer, CLU, ChFC and Bernard Surovsky, CFS of Kingsroad Financial & Insurance Services started the firm to launch investment strategies that did not yet exist for their clients. Each has more than 20 years experience trading and using options.
- Uses proprietary portfolio construction methods to generate returns.
- Has been trading volatility as part of its Measured Risk Portfolio strategies since 2013 .
- Launched Measured Risk Strategy Fund in Dec 2016
Contact us to find out:
- How to protect your portfolio using techniques that are common, but not commonplace.
- What those techniques are, and by example, how to take control of the risk.
- Why losses are more powerful than gains, and, with proper hedging, how they may be mitigated.
- Why we believe that you can’t predict market movement, but you can plan so that no matter what happens, you are prepared.
As Warren Buffet has said, “Rule number 1 is don’t lose money. Rule number 2 is refer to rule number 1.” For important disclosures and additional information, please visit our website at www.measuredriskportfolios.com.
Our firm has fundamental principles that guide our investment decisions:
Why we believe losses are more powerful than gains
When managing a growth portfolio, if we can keep inevitable market losses to a minimum, using a reliable strategy (not tactical timing or research driven stock selection) we will have a better chance to recover and make forward progress on our goals. In most cases, losses from buy and hold or tactical strategies will eventually be recovered… but you’ll never recover the lost years waiting for it to happen.
Retirement is more comfortable with growing income
The fact is, when you look to your portfolio to supplement other retirement income like social security or pensions, it would be great if the income you earn next year is higher than the income you earned this year. The CLIP portfolio is designed to potentially meet that need for growing income. The value of that portfolio is secondary to the income it generates.
Investing for growth requires “dry powder”
If you are fully invested and the market starts to sell off, you’re stuck with holding on for a recovery. You won’t have the capital to invest at exactly the best time to invest. If you have cash on the sidelines, you may miss a substantial part of a market rally waiting for an opportunity to invest during a downturn. Years could go by without a correction that is sufficient to motivate you to buy in. We utilize equity and index options to allow us to use a smaller portion of your capital to capture upside movement if it materializes and simultaneously limit severe losses if they occur. Option strategies may vary and are discussed in more detail in our brochures and disclosures.
7,954 total views, 5 views today